To help our family and Bikergang live happier, healthier and more connected lives, while creating a positive impact on the communities that surround us.
-----WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SPIN CLASSES---WE ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF HAPPINESS-------
WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SPIN CLASSES
It all started with three born-and-raised Albertans who saw an opportunity to offer an innovative, dynamic form of group exercise that shakes up what indoor cycling can be. Along with a team of Motivators, YEG Cycle brings Edmonton a new fitness and lifestyle culture that thrives in and out of the studio. What’s so great about that? YEG Cycle caters your workout to your mind and body, leaving you feeling energized and rejuvenated after every single class. Our daily classes, taught by our inspirational MOTIVATORS, will allow you to train through the beat of the music in just 50 minutes (but it feels like an immersive getaway). Our top-of-the line bikes will not only promote cardiovascular health, but strengthen and tone muscles in your legs, core, and upper body while you continue your own personal journey in becoming…
STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY
Feedback & Suggestions
Questions, feedback or just want to say hi? Don’t be shy, fill out our inquiry.
Want to be part of the BUSINESS OF HAPPINESS? APPLY TODAY!View Positions
We are in the business of happiness
2 positions available
Do you love YEG Cycle and would like to work with some of the best people around?
Well, you’re in luck! We have Crew (energy exchange) positions at all three of our studios.
So what does being Crew look like?
We ask that our Crew commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week doing a variety of tasks such as cleaning, chatting with the Bikergang and helping out at the front desk when necessary. For every 4 hour shift, you will receive 2 spin classes onto your account. You are always allowed to pick up more shifts as well.
What would I be doing during my shifts?
As Crew, your main priority is, of course, taking care of the Bikergang. Helping get them set up on bikes, studio tours and giving that warm welcome that makes us unique. Other duties involve doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the showers, cleaning the washrooms, and other ‘general cleaning’ duties. It’s a fun atmosphere and definitely a social one at that. Our Crew truly are our family!
What are the expectations of being Crew for YYC Cycle?
We expect that upon application you have a love for Spin! We want to be sure that you love our studio and our vibe before you make a commitment to us, and we make a commitment to you! We ask that all our Crew commit to a minimum six-month period working at least one 4-hour shift/week.
Having a Crew shift should be treated as a regular paying job; Crew are expected to show up on time each week for their shift. If you can’t come in for some reason (illness, out of town) then it’s your responsibility to have it covered and to let your Manager know. Crew are always willing to swap and help you out when you’re in a bind.
Sound fun? Let’s get that application in!
Email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
YEG SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNApply
S O C I A L M E D I A I N T E R N
Do you have a true passion for social media, writing, content creation, researching, and data based digital strategy? Are you self-driven, hard-working and able to manage multiple projects with ease, and eager to learn about social media within the fitness community?
Who are we?
YEG Cycle Spin Studio offers an innovative, dynamic, community-based form of group exercise that challenges the standard of indoor cycling. Our team of Motivators and front of house Crew help foster an inclusive, energetic and positive environment that feels like a second home to anyone who comes through the doors. Our mission is to create a safe and inclusive fitness experience for every body.
YEG Cycle is looking for a Social Media Intern to work alongside the Head of Marketing and Design to assist with creating, posting and maintaining brand consistency amongst social media platforms. The ideal applicant will possess strong communication skills, a passion for engaging with an audience and an understanding of various social channels. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to YEG Cycle social channels, monitoring and engaging in community management, performing social media audits. Those looking to gain valuable social media experience with an established fitness organization are encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES + COMMITMENT - 8 to 10 HOURS / WEEK
3 hr - Monitor engagement on all social platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, Pinterest, Facebook & LinkedIn
2-3 hr - Assist in weekly photoshoots and capture monthly on-site events
1.5 hr - Attend weekly company Creative Meetings and 1on1 Meetings
1 hr - Build and create stories on a weekly basis basis/Support with creative copywriting
1 hr - Develop weekly analytics report of our social media channels
1 hr - Ideate campaigns + contributing ideas based on research
ARE YOU . . .
- A strategic and creative thinker.
- Willing and able to commit to a minimum of 2 in studio touch-points throughout the week.
- Available to attend a weekly Creative meeting for the duration of an hour.
- Dedicated to absorbing health and wellness industry material, news, blogs, articles, etc.
- Polished, professional, mature, committed, fearless, flexible, and socially engaged.
- A strong, nimble and quality-oriented writer, who can vary his/her style and write engaging copy and post headlines.
- Able to take criticism and changes in direction with poise and maturity
- Able to work independently, but know to communicate and check-in regularly.
- Self-sufficient and able to solve problems with minimal direction.
- Able to speak up if they see a question or problem.
- Eager to learn all social media and digital technology.
- Time flexible and able to occasionally cover social events on evenings and weekend.
OUR CANDIDATE MUST . . .
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school majoring in business, marketing, communication or a related field.
- Possess a keen interest in and passion for Social Media, Fitness, Photography and/or Videography and Digital Marketing.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities efficiently.
- Possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- College/University practicum credit
- Unlimited complimentary spin classes
- Mentorship from leaders in social media marketing
- Mentorship in design and creative
- Portfolio development
- An awesome and collaborative work environment
- The ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (a must) with your resume to Ashika Thaker at email@example.com. Only relevant candidates will receive a response. Thank you!